Monday, January 4, 2010

Spiced Tangerine Marmalade


I had forgotten to post my homemade gifting project that was a big hit. In my quest to find uses for the abundance of tangerines I have been getting from my friends tree, I decided to make Spiced Tangerine Marmalade. I used a traditional recipe and added Cinnamon, Nutmeg and ground Cloves to the mixture as it cooked. Now I understand why your don't see this type of jam made very often. Getting the seeds out of the Tangerines was a hugely time consuming job, taking a long time. However, the end results were delicious, and gave the whole house a wonderful smell as it simmered.
I am off today with another big bag of Tangerines at hand, I think I will make some more for my grandson PBJs this coming year.

2 comments:

  1. I love tangerines!! and they look so yummy! Also love your painted horses. I got my cousin one this Christmas. "The Warrior". He had an indian bridle with little feathers and an indian saddle with arrows in a little leather pouch. The Paint horse was all dudded up with war paint. It was really pretty and had his head down like your black horse. Lucky are the people who received your yummy marmalade!!...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I collect those horses, my kids almost always get me one for Christmas. This year they gave me one that looked like my Arabian Jasmine who sadly died unexpectedly of colic on December 23rd, casting a sad shadow over my Christmas. I did not even have the heart to blog about the loss. I cried when I opened that horse. The resemblance was purely conicidental but eerily appropriate to remind me of her lovely presence in my life for the last 7 years.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by, I love reading your thoughts and reactions. My new motto (stealing from my favorite Disney ride) when it comes to my blog friends is, "It's a small world afterall" Thanks for visiting!

To Blog or Not To Blog,,,

In January of last year I sat down and wrote a post from the RV I was living in at the time. I thought then that I really wanted to get bac...