Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I Hate Change


Today on my day off I woke up at 4:00 a.m. and could not go back to sleep, I never automatically wake up when I have to work, why is that? Getting out of bed I felt the all too familiar stiffness in my legs and feet that I have become used to since I started this new job and I think I am getting too old for this lol! I have a job interview set up this afternoon. I have only been working at my current job for three months, I am not one to bounce from job to job, but I feel like it is not really the right fit for me. I love what I do but there are some real management problems and in the healthcare field management problems trickle down to inadequate patient care and I feel the need to protect my license. I hate change, I like to settle in establish a routine and build a life around it However, I know that change is a good thing too and if I just stretch myself a little I may find just the right combination of work and quality of life. So I am putting it out there, if it is meant to be it will happen if not I will stay where I am and be on the look out for the next opportunity that will offer what I need. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

  1. Good luck! If this is not the right opportunity I hope the right door opens for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you lots of luck today! Hope it's something that will be a better fit. Know what you mean about your licence - I once worked for an allergist who would take expired extract and put it in the new extract and I refused to give it and got a new job so, I know where your coming from. Good luck Laura!...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura..thanks for stopping by to visit Farmhouse...

    i'll be happy to follow you too....you used to live really close to me....small world...INDEED !

    i'll check back soon and have a great weekend...

    fondly,
    kary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura!
    Change = Opportunity. I always view it that way! At first, change is overwhelming and sorta scary and just out of the whole "comfort zone" that we put ourselves in. But then, once we jump in, it's exciting and new and often very rewarding. I hope you find a wonderful new challenge that fits your skills.
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Laura,

    Really enjoyed your blog and best of luck.

    Jim
    Feeding Baby Calves .com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck Laura...we all want to see you getting the most out of life, instead of IT getting the most out of YOU! (Besides, you will have more time to blog, and that is a GOOD thing!)

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by, I love reading your thoughts and reactions. My new motto (stealing from my favorite Disney ride) when it comes to my blog friends is, "It's a small world afterall" Thanks for visiting!

To Blog or Not To Blog,,,

In January of last year I sat down and wrote a post from the RV I was living in at the time. I thought then that I really wanted to get bac...