Saturday, January 30, 2010

They Come Back!

My oldest son (26), his lovely wife, and my two grandsons are moving back in with me for the next two and half years while my son goes to nursing school. My son has been building a wall to separate off a section of my home into a small apartment for their family, including a sitting room two bedrooms and a bath with a common kitchen that we all will share between the two sections of the house. My younger son (18), and I will have the other half of the house. My middle child, my daughter (24) is living in Australia until August and she is now displaced from her childhood room. I sympathize with her protests from the other side of the world but when you spend your life jet setting around the world, you can't expect mom to keep a shrine to you at home should you decide to drop in once in a while. Love you Kimberly!!

The house has been full of dust and noise and toys strewn about. My quiet life has turned upside down, I am preparing myself for things to get hectic, I will have to learn to meditate, pray for patience and put a lock on my bedroom door. But having said that, really I am so grateful to have this opportunity to spend this time with them and that I have a home we can share. I know that during this time together we can make some great memories. I get to spend precious time with my beautiful grandsons and share my love of animals and growing things with them.


The picture is the partially built wall, my son had most of it completed in one day, I had no idea he was a such a good carpenter, he knew exactly what he was going to do and in a matter of hours he had a solid structure up. I will post the finished wall later.


Welcome home kids, the door is always open.

5 comments:

  1. We too, had our son come back home for just under 2 years. It wasn't as pleasant as I had hoped. Being single he came in late. I worried and couldn't sleep until he came home. He left his room a mess and I couln't stand it - I tried, became somewhat angry and finally after a time made him leave. It's hard having kids come back home. However, your circumstances are way different than mine. How old are your grandkids? That might be fun having them around, they will enjoy all your animals and his wife can help with them and the garden. That will be a good thing. Wishing you nothing but good things and happy times!...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are lucky that you have a home that can be separated into two living spaces. It will make things easier for all. Blessings...
    Cindy at Lakewood

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ay least you have separate areas os if it gets too much sometimes you can get away from it all......but it will be good to have them around :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol...been there,done that !
    No matter what,yes the door is always open :0)
    Wishing you many happy times !(and patience in bucket loads,lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds fun but that lock on the bedroom door may be a good idea. It's wonderful that you are willing and able to do this for them. And fun for you with the grandchildren. I've got some chamomile seeds- need some herbal tea growing in the backyard?
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by, I love reading your thoughts and reactions. My new motto (stealing from my favorite Disney ride) when it comes to my blog friends is, "It's a small world afterall" Thanks for visiting!

To Blog or Not To Blog,,,

In January of last year I sat down and wrote a post from the RV I was living in at the time. I thought then that I really wanted to get bac...