Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day in and day out life.


Some days you just have to put one foot in front of the other and do what needs to be done. On the days that I work, I am up at 4 a.m. out to tend to the animals, have coffee, read a few blogs while I sip then getting ready and off to work for a 12 and many times 14 hour day. I usually am not home until 8-9 in the evening then its a quick feed and check up on all of the animals, wash some dishes or do some laundry then crashing into bed exhausted only to get up and do it all again the next day. My 18 year old son still lives at home and is a tremendous help making sure everything is fed and watered. Thank goodness for him.

I live for my days off. Even if my only plans are to rake out my little barn, freshen the hay in all of the bedding and drag fallen branches to the burn pile I get to be outside doing what I love. Not very glamorous, but a good life none the less. With all the tragedy going on in the world one has to be absolutely filled with gratitude for all of the blessing in our lives however ordinary they may seem. That's the plan for today, the sun is shining, promising warmer weather and I am out to scoop poop.