Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day in and day out life.


Some days you just have to put one foot in front of the other and do what needs to be done. On the days that I work, I am up at 4 a.m. out to tend to the animals, have coffee, read a few blogs while I sip then getting ready and off to work for a 12 and many times 14 hour day. I usually am not home until 8-9 in the evening then its a quick feed and check up on all of the animals, wash some dishes or do some laundry then crashing into bed exhausted only to get up and do it all again the next day. My 18 year old son still lives at home and is a tremendous help making sure everything is fed and watered. Thank goodness for him.

I live for my days off. Even if my only plans are to rake out my little barn, freshen the hay in all of the bedding and drag fallen branches to the burn pile I get to be outside doing what I love. Not very glamorous, but a good life none the less. With all the tragedy going on in the world one has to be absolutely filled with gratitude for all of the blessing in our lives however ordinary they may seem. That's the plan for today, the sun is shining, promising warmer weather and I am out to scoop poop.

7 comments:

  1. Enjoy reading your blogs. Please keep the faith.... good things will happen. Nice point you made today on enjoying the simple things like getting outside and picking up branches. There is nothing like getting outdoors. Also, I was driving down the road looking for some land in Ky. and that song (Here Comes The Sun)kept playing in my mind. Good song...Stay positive! Chili369

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate, I love to be outside, even if it is sub zero, it's better than being locked in the house.

    Yesterday was so.... nice,49F, that Cortney and I decided to clean out nest boxes and put in new clean straw, plus move some turkeys poults( our late summer hatch) to the turkey pen and moved some of the chickens to the coop the turkey poults were in because our main coop is overcrowded. It was just nice to be out in the sunshine, even if it is to haul wood, cleanup nest boxes or scoop poop!

    Cortney is my righthand woman, she's 18 yrs old too and I don't think I could keep up without her help.
    Have a blessed and productive day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a happy poop scooping day! When I had my horses I didn't mind cleaning their stalls at all. Even in the coldest weather. All that shovelin' kept me nice and warm. Is your son in or out of High School? Would be handy to have an extra hand! You are right about being filled with graditude and blessings. Those poor people in Haiti...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are lucky to have someone to help with those long hours it would be too much eventually.
    Sons come in handy when you need something done :0)
    Well enjoy your day scooping poop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! I too have goats and chickens! They keep me grounded in this crazy world.
    So glad our paths have crossed!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been thinking lately that I simply must not complain about ANYTHING! I hear of others who are sick and/or dying, and I read of Haiti, and Christian persecution, and loss of homes all over the country and I think how on earth can I complain about my uncomfortable bed when millions of others not only do not have a bed, but have to sleep on dirt floors or concrete floors in a prison. I just have been thinking about that--just a little admonishment to myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your idea on the side... 'Living on Less'. I have changed in the past few years and am determined to do that also. I don't even wear all the clothes I have in my closet--and I have a tiny closet! How can I go buy more??? We rarely buy fast food---I do nearly all the cooking here at home--even though I don't like to cook, I still make good meals. I can get at least 3-4 meals out of a whole chicken, a beef or pork roast, a ham. Use the leftovers in different ways or freeze for later. It's so much cheaper to eat at home. Going out to eat is for our special occasions. I even pack a small lunch when I travel out of town to stores-- Eat it in my car in the Walmart parking lot!! I am yearning for peace and simple things.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by, I love reading your thoughts and reactions. My new motto (stealing from my favorite Disney ride) when it comes to my blog friends is, "It's a small world afterall" Thanks for visiting!

To Blog or Not To Blog,,,

In January of last year I sat down and wrote a post from the RV I was living in at the time. I thought then that I really wanted to get bac...