Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The People We Meet Along the Way


I don't mention my work-life much, I guess when I am home I really don't want to think about it, I like to retreat to my world here at my little homestead and forget about all of the pain and suffering that happens when people are sick and dying but a post I read on another blog caused me to really stop and think about how all of these people (my patients) impact my life. I have met some amazing people over the years and each and every one of them has left some imprint on me, some larger then others. These assorted and different people, remind me that life is a precious gift, to stop and soak it all in, to let go of the petty things that I cannot change and focus on what is really important. In the end all that really is important is the imprint we leave behind on those we love and those we meet along the way.

2 comments:

  1. Laura, that is so true. So true. I know what you mean regarding how your patients impacted your life, or those that stick in your brain for years. I have many that do the same. One in particular,dating back to 1970, was a beautiful 4 year old girl, ran out between 2 parked cars and was hit and after being in ICU for three months, died. There is far more to the story, but I won't bother you with that but, but I think of her all the time, even after all these years. There are many threads that make up our lives and form it into a beautiful piece of cloth, or perhaps like a beautiful painting that you have here. It's beautiful!...All these threads make up life and teach us and make us who we are...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for understanding Debbie.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by, I love reading your thoughts and reactions. My new motto (stealing from my favorite Disney ride) when it comes to my blog friends is, "It's a small world afterall" Thanks for visiting!

To Blog or Not To Blog,,,

In January of last year I sat down and wrote a post from the RV I was living in at the time. I thought then that I really wanted to get bac...