Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Secret Goat Code wins again.

I recently read a blog post about the "Goat Code", the secret code among goats that says if your owner is expecting you to kid on a certain date, hold out for the time when he or she is away on vacation, or in the middle of a family crisis or ......... you get the idea. Sure enough, today while I am here in Clearwater Florida, 80 miles from home, with one more day of training to go, one of my goats , a little black and white mixed breed doe named Valentine, delivered two little kids. My son says they look fine and are nursing, they are all white like my half boar buck , he has no idea if they are male or female nor does he care. I on the other hand want to jump in my truck and drive home to see them but I will restrain myself. I would ask him to take pictures to email me but of course I brought the digital camera with me. Anyway, I had to share my excitement with someone. I knew some of you out there would know how I am feeling about having to wait to see them. I will post pictures when I get home.

11 comments:

  1. How exciting!! And how frustrating to be away from home when they were born! I understand your urge to jump in the truck to get home. You're a strong woman to be able to restrain yourself! I look forward to the photos of the new kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations goat Mama! Two new babies to go home to how exciting. Can't wait to see the photos of the new little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Mom!! Twins! How perfectly darling! I can't wait to see them myself. Baby goats are so cute. They will make your homecoming all the more special!! Did the kids get excited over the baby kids? My grandkids would go bananas. Don't drive too fast going home...they'll be there when you get there...be safe...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so wonderful! I can't wait to see pictures of your new babies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know nothing about goats but twins of anything would thrill me to no end...I bet they will even be a bit cuter when you get home..

    ReplyDelete
  6. all I'll say is I nearly died waiting for my doe to kid last year and was in the barn what felt like every five minutes checking on her and she had the nerve to go 3 days late!! In fact my two children slept in the barn one night as they were SURE they'd come that night. (They did not) But I cannot imagine being 80 miles away!! AUGH! Cannot wait to see what you have! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don`t it figure?! Leave the barn for something and then it happens! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Murphy's Law strikes again. I know you are dying to get home to see them. Can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You go girl your on the right track. Don't allow anyone or anything to get you of the track. I enjoyed your post.
    joe

    ReplyDelete
  10. ewwwwwww I can't wait to see them!!! and find out if you have bucks or does... that must be making nuts wanting to know!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha, our "Code" is whichever one the FIL picks to calve next - she'll be another few weeks. I call it "The Greg Curse", haha. Sure enough, the last cow he picked went a whole 'nother month! The day before she calved, another one calved that we had no clue was coming due! Haha. I love the surprises of calving season!

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by, I love reading your thoughts and reactions. My new motto (stealing from my favorite Disney ride) when it comes to my blog friends is, "It's a small world afterall" Thanks for visiting!

To Blog or Not To Blog,,,

In January of last year I sat down and wrote a post from the RV I was living in at the time. I thought then that I really wanted to get bac...