Monday, February 22, 2010

Birthday Boots and My First Raised Beds




This is my week at the hotel 80 miles from home while I attend orientation for my new job. The hotel is great and I am enjoying the peace and relaxation. Just a couple of quick things to share.
I found these cute boots for my 2 year old grandson at the feedstore, he loves them. I wish they made them in my size, I would own a pair.
I am so excited that this past weekend I went and purchased the materials to make my first raised bed gardens, I decided they were the best way for me to get started on my garden this spring. I need to sit down and figure out exactly the cost per bed but the measurements are 8 feet by 4 feet. My son a good friend and I put them together very quickly and I look forward to adding many more over time. I hope to post pictures of them when they are full of healthy plants soon.


11 comments:

  1. We did a bit of this last year, worked well but was a bad year due to all the rain we got and the blight! Oh it was awful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow nice shoes, and looks like this kids are having
    fun on the farm. I am so excited that this past weekend I went and purchased the materials to make my first raised bed gardens.
    baby rabbits for sale

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute boots! No wonder he loves them! I'm glad your getting your training! THAT MEANS you'll be starting your new job pretty soon! Am anxious to hear exactly what you'll be doing. Just in time for spring! It was 43 here today and Sunday 57! Just a tease I'm sure...will probably snow 3 feet in a few days! Study hard! Enjoy the relaxation!...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the boots! you will enjoy your garden and the food you get from it. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your raised beds look good. I was outside today working in ours, adding composted steer manure. Yesterday they were too frozen to dig in but today the sun thawed things out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love raised vegie beds,I find them so much easier to work in and I dont have as much trouble with weeds.
    I love the boots too !! I really want a pair,lol.
    Enjoy the week away :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoe cute are those boots! I wold have some too if they came in big sizes! Looks like you had some great little helpers with those beds! I made 2 raised beds too,how funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The boots are adorable and I would like a pair too if they came in adult LOL...

    Raised beds I am raising mine by hand again this year, I considered cement blocks and wood... after raising the two long rows by hand I just did the kind with side of some sort are looking good to me again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't know how you found my blog but thrilled to have you visit and thanks for the follow.

    I look forward to following your blog and the raised bed gardening.

    Lovely blog and great pics. It is fun sharing in someone's life via blogging!

    I have a very good friend living in Bushnell. :)

    Blessings....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don' worry about the cost per bed...some things can't be measured in dollars and cents...

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by, I love reading your thoughts and reactions. My new motto (stealing from my favorite Disney ride) when it comes to my blog friends is, "It's a small world afterall" Thanks for visiting!

To Blog or Not To Blog,,,

In January of last year I sat down and wrote a post from the RV I was living in at the time. I thought then that I really wanted to get bac...