Monday, December 21, 2009

Another year comes to an end.


Today is the third of three days off and I have gotten most of my shopping done which is a huge relief. Also, I have gotten some real sleep which I so needed and am feeling so much more positive. The Christmas tree has lights but still no ornaments and I have decided that it's OK just like it is. This year I will have no guests to my home, this year won't have all the bells and whistles of years past, but even so, it will be a year to visit with friends and family and to be grateful to have the chance to start again in a fresh new year.


Next year I hope to move my homesteading goals further forward. I like the egg, veggie count that some blogger's post, I like the plant something, harvest something philosophy that others follow. I would like to raise my own Thanksgiving Turkey and maybe even a few more to sell at the local critter auction. I also hope to put together a pantry system in my home that helps me to spend less time and money in the grocery store. Additionally, I would like to begin a small home business, not sure yet what that will entail but I am going to start researching possibilities. I plan to purge a ton of my junk and might even try my hand at selling some things on ebay.


As I look back on this year I have to acknowledge that I am blessed. If I don't get the chance to say so before then, Merry Christmas to all of my new friends online, you all have no idea how much you have inspired and encouraged me with your blogs.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so happy you stopped by, I love reading your thoughts and reactions. My new motto (stealing from my favorite Disney ride) when it comes to my blog friends is, "It's a small world afterall" Thanks for visiting!

To Blog or Not To Blog,,,

In January of last year I sat down and wrote a post from the RV I was living in at the time. I thought then that I really wanted to get bac...