Sunday, March 28, 2010

Life's Little Bumps in the Road

Sometimes you just have to dust yourself off and get back on the horse. I spent from Tuesday to Thursday night in the hospital. I have over the years had some Kidney problems on and off and the little pain in my side that I was trying to ignore decided to bring me to a screeching halt and demand some attention. Long story short I had a raging infection along with some other issues that will have to be followed up with yet more testing, yuck! But I am feeling better now and so very happy to be able to rest up at home this weekend. The weather the past couple of days has been picture perfect and I have to get out and get some pictures today. My humble little garden is beginning to show promise, the baby goats, bunnies and chicks are thriving and the wheels in my head are spinning with projects to come. I am excited that I am back in plenty of goat milk again, thank you Juniper ! Going to make some cheese today. Happy Sunday Everyone!

11 comments:

  1. So glad you are in goats milk again and your very own Spring is popping!

    Sending feel betters your way!

    Enjoy the rest of your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you continue to feel better! I think everyone is ready for spring and new beginnings.

    Enjoy your day!!!!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're back home. It's really hard to rest in the hospital. It seems like as soon as you get to sleep ... they have to take your blood pressure or something.

    What kind of cheese are you making today? I'm going to make some more cheddar. I made some on Friday that had Italian herbs in it. It smells really good.

    Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you keep getting better! Nothing like spring on the ole homestead to get you back to feeling right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Goodness Laura, I hope your doing a lot better and not in pain! What an awful thing to have happened. Hope all your future test come out ok...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im pleased to hear you are feeling better :0)
    I have had kidney trouble myself in the past..and I know just how dredful it makes you feel!! I hope you are drinking plenty of water now :0)
    Maybe you could do a post on the cheese making..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you get to feeling 100% soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you are back home from the hospital, hope you are feeling A-Ok real soon. I had a bad kidney infection years & years ago - the doc told me then that kidney issues should not be ignored, they can be very serious. As women, we tend to take care of everyone else before ourselves. Sometimes we find out that we cannot ignore ourselves forever! Take care!

    Hope the cheese-making went well yesterday!

    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, hope that you're on the mend and not in pain.
    Cheese? Yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have really enjoyed reading your blog, I look forward to following it! Thank you for stopping by and following my blog. I feel like we have quite a bit in common. I sure do hope that you are all better soon. You are one busy woman! Take care.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by, I love reading your thoughts and reactions. My new motto (stealing from my favorite Disney ride) when it comes to my blog friends is, "It's a small world afterall" Thanks for visiting!

To Blog or Not To Blog,,,

In January of last year I sat down and wrote a post from the RV I was living in at the time. I thought then that I really wanted to get bac...