Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patricks Day!!

I have just enough Irish in me to feel proud that there is another holiday to celebrate, even if just with a greeting out to all of you.

I have been so busy I have no new pictures, but wanted to post a quick update, I have baby rabbits! The first successful litter born here on my property. I have had some real nightmare stories with previous attempts at raising them but I think we may have turned a corner



Junipers little Doe kid is doing great and Juniper is now back in milk wooo hooo, that means goat cheese again soon. The other little buck sadly did not make it, I did end up tubing him several times and got nutrition in him and he stayed alive for 5 days but never would get up and walk or do anything but lay there and whimper, I finally decided to let him go since he seemed neurologically impaired. In the future I will tube any failing kids immediately as I think the delay in getting the colostrum in him may have been too long. I learned a lot from him. On the upside his mama Juni looks so much better since she had her kids, they really took thier toll on her.

The potatoes are coming up and black eyed peas, green beans and peppers are planted. Baby chicks are getting big, I can't wait till they are big enough to move out of the living room


I feel like I am missing so much of all of your blogs since I have not been able to spend time online at all, the new job has me bringing a lot of paperwork home at night. Hope to this weekend, feel like I am missing catching up with old friends.

8 comments:

  1. Good news about Juniper! I'm glad her doe kid is doing good too. The lessons we learn along the way help us help others that we couldn't help at the time. I have had my share of learning experiences. Not all were good ones.

    Congratulations on the baby bunnies! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad juniper and her baby are doing good! These learning experiences are painful...I know...sigh.I am glad your rabbits and chickies are doing good!And you have potatoes coming up! No sigh of mine..I hope they make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad things are going so well. Good food is on the way from the garden. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the baby rabbits! If Blossom is bred the babies should be here around the 28th. Of course, this is her first litter so I'm not sure what to expect.

    Enjoy the weekend and get some rest!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about missing your blog friends. Sometimes life just avalanches, and we cannot spare the time to "visit" like we like! But we're all still here when the time is available! C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the baby rabbits! I`m glad to hear Juniper`s family is doing well also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your fuzzy little bunnies just in time for Spring. Baby animals are the cutest things, touching the hearts of many. Can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spring babies are so wonderful.
    Sorry to hear about the little buck.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by, I love reading your thoughts and reactions. My new motto (stealing from my favorite Disney ride) when it comes to my blog friends is, "It's a small world afterall" Thanks for visiting!

To Blog or Not To Blog,,,

In January of last year I sat down and wrote a post from the RV I was living in at the time. I thought then that I really wanted to get bac...