Thursday, November 5, 2009

Life is good

For the past week or so I have had that amazingly satisfied with life feeling. I have a new job and am finding it very rewarding, forcing me to grow and inch out of my comfort zone. For years I had thought I would like to be an ICU nurse but was afraid of the complexity of the medications and the advanced equipment one sees in that setting but after only two days in the new position I have learned so much. My head is full of new things that I am trying to sort and make sense of. I believe I am going to rise to the challenge.

In my home life the simple addition of the dairy goat who needs to be milked twice daily and the new chickens combined with the cooler weather has rejuvenated my desire to continue on my journey towards a more self sustaining homestead. I find milking very grounding, somehow connecting me more to all of the animals who all come to watch the dairy theatre. Anthony, my 18 year old son and I have settled into a peaceful routine. Something about the fall, even in Florida makes you want to nest in, go to bed earlier and keep the home fires tended. I like it!

2 comments:

  1. Nothing like being an ICU nurse. You will become to love it. It is so satisfying and you learn quickly about life and death and the thin line between...and that you CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. You will save countless lives, you, yourself. and the feeling is simply amazing as you will find out...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job! I bet it is very rewarding!

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by, I love reading your thoughts and reactions. My new motto (stealing from my favorite Disney ride) when it comes to my blog friends is, "It's a small world afterall" Thanks for visiting!

To Blog or Not To Blog,,,

In January of last year I sat down and wrote a post from the RV I was living in at the time. I thought then that I really wanted to get bac...