Saturday, November 7, 2009

I have followers!!!

I just had to say thank you to those people who commented on my blog. This is my first venture at writing anything ever and as you all know it is intimidating to say the least to bare your soul and expose yourself for all the world to see. I find the process is somehow liberating and scary at the same time.

I enjoy the blogs I follow so much and feel so satisfied knowing that there are other people out there who share a similar vision and interests as I do. Having grown up in Los Angeles Calif. most people really don't understand why I do what I do (that's certainly a blog in itself). Already, you have added so much to my knowledge base. I am happy if I can add in anyway something to the collective experience.

I have a long way to go, I hope that someday I will be able to add photographs that even come close to the beautiful images that some of you share or that I might be able to write as eloquently as some I have read but I believe the journey is going to be a lot of fun.

I feel like I have made some new friends out there....Thank you!!

4 comments:

  1. I love Blogging! I started Dec 8th of 09 and didn't have a clue as what to do or say, I just kept plugging along and I just Love the guys and gals I follow. They are like my neighbors and I have learned so much from all of them! I have learned about different people in different States and Countries and it is really neat! Have learned to look at some things in a different light and it has helped me to broaden my views...you'll get the hang of it!! Welcome to the world of Blogdome!! lol...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I find the process is somehow liberating and scary at the same time."

    I can totally relate! I just started in September of this year and what a huge thing that was.... But now things happen and I'll say oohh! I have to blog about this! Weird I know, but hey, what can I say. The most weird and flattering thing was when I got followers. I thought seriously? People actually want to read this?! WOW! Enjoy and I'll stop in again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is off to a great start, I have really enjoyed reading it. I stopped by to say thank you for visiting/following mine. I look forward to reading more about your chickens and especially your goats too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura!

    I just found your blog.Sounds like you and I are a lot alike! I'm also from California, living in the country trying to learn the self sufficient life. Can't wait to check out your blog some more ;)

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by, I love reading your thoughts and reactions. My new motto (stealing from my favorite Disney ride) when it comes to my blog friends is, "It's a small world afterall" Thanks for visiting!

To Blog or Not To Blog,,,

In January of last year I sat down and wrote a post from the RV I was living in at the time. I thought then that I really wanted to get bac...