Sunday, August 29, 2010

New Beginnings


Beginning to get settled in the new house, still lots of loose ends at the old house but slowly it is all getting sorted out. My big excitement this week started when the two horses I have moved to the new house disappeared. My youngest son went out to feed them and they were gone, busted down a fence and took off. I drove around the neighborhood all morning, called animal control and the sheriff's office but no word of them. I really was worried since the mare Karma was about to have her foal. Thankfully I live in a horse community. The horses had decided to take a trek about 2 miles down the road where another neighbor found them and put them safely in her pasture and through the grapevine someone got in touch with me to let me know where to find them. What a relief. When I got my Karma girl back she looked like her adventure had taken it's toll on her and she was going to foal any time. So in the early hours of Aug. 27th around 2 a.m. my youngest son who had been out to check on the horses woke me to say we have a new colt. The young Quarter horse that was hia father was a light buckskin color so he may stay this light color. Hia eyes are a pale blue but I am assuming they will change color as he gets older. I have been out handling him every day so that he gets used to people, he likes the attention. I am hoping his name will come to me in time, in case you read this post earlier you might notice that I had to make some changes in the text. Turns out she was a he, it just took a little while for things to settle and reveal themselves.
He is adorable, aren't all baby animals....I'm in love.

9 comments:

  1. Oh,Laura,congratulations on the new baby! What a wonderful blessing to start your new life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! I think Hope seems like a wonderful name. I'm glad you're settling in to your new home.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura! He's darling!! What a cute little colt you've got there!! Happy to read that things are calming down for you. I hope so. Really miss you.
    A new beginning for all the family!! ...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great series of photographs, the horses are beautiful and lovable

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness someone was there to keep them safe until you found them. Those are good neighbors :)
    He's got beautiful eyes. I'm glad they're all doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what beautiful markings! Neat little guy, horses are beautiful, I can understand why you love them. I wouldn't mind having one, but not enough of a back yard to do that right now--ha, just as well! Glad to see that you are still alive and kickin'! You'll make, it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laura, I'm stopping back by just to enjoy your music! Interesting, varied selections!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is adorable. I remember having a foal here and it was almost as good as having a baby:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is just beautiful, how lucky are you!

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by, I love reading your thoughts and reactions. My new motto (stealing from my favorite Disney ride) when it comes to my blog friends is, "It's a small world afterall" Thanks for visiting!

To Blog or Not To Blog,,,

In January of last year I sat down and wrote a post from the RV I was living in at the time. I thought then that I really wanted to get bac...