Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Canning Salsa

























Yesterday my daughter in-law Casi and I decided to can some home made salsa using the ball blue book recipe for zesty salsa which can be found at






The actual recipe that we used had been adapted to go with the canning starter kit that I bought at Lowes and used approximately half of the ingredients listed here. In the future we will make at least the full recipe or even double the recipe and fill 1 Quart jars, these small jars will be gone in no time, we called these little jars personal salsa jars since one person can easily polish one off all by themselves. Next time we will may try some variations like adding Black Beans and Corn. The flavor is amazing and it was a very successful first canning attempt for my daughter in-law. This time we used all store bought ingredient but I cant wait to do this with some of my fall tomatoes and peppers from the garden.