Friday, January 20, 2017

New Life...New Blog

The last time I posted was in April, 2014. I can't believe that almost 3 years have passed since that post. By the way four of the chicks pictured in that post are still alive and clucking away in Florida. As for me, life happened, I moved 2000 miles across the country and the blog fell by the wayside, but it was always something I wanted to get back to someday. Blogging for me was alway such a great creative outlet and allowed me to connect to so many amazing people all over the world, I am really excited that the cold days of my first real winter here on the new homestead will allow me some time to sit and start again.

So much has changed in my life since that last post I am not sure where to begin. I have realized one of my greatest dreams and finally moved to New Mexico onto a bautiful 30 acre piece of land at the base of the Manzano mountains. This place is truly my forever home and I am grateful every day for the peace and tranquility of this land. That being said, now the real work has begun, and as anyone who ever started a homestead from a raw parcel of land knows it is a labor of love. Since I am still working full time as a nurse and Hubby Honey Do has retired, a great deal of the blood sweat and tears that keep this place moving forward are his so I felt it fitting to rename the blog but have not yet come up with a name that fits. I'll have to mull it over a while.

I look forward to checking in with the bloggers that I used to visit often, and that some of my followers are still out there and stop by to say hello. I look forward to seeing what you have been up to over the last 3 years and look forward to sharing this new life of mine with you.

This picture is from my front window Christmas Day 2016.

I hope other new homesteaders can be encouraged from the progress we make as we build this new high desert homestead from the ground up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so happy you stopped by, I love reading your thoughts and reactions. My new motto (stealing from my favorite Disney ride) when it comes to my blog friends is, "It's a small world afterall" Thanks for visiting!

To Blog or Not To Blog,,,

In January of last year I sat down and wrote a post from the RV I was living in at the time. I thought then that I really wanted to get bac...